Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hello Again

Has it been so long? At this rate I'll have enough material for a book in like 40 years or so. Went through some of my old blogs. Was totally aghast at some of my spelling errors. I feel I have advance atrophy of my brain for my age. If you have any idea what that means you'll understand it's completely related to Goose and Tonic. Although, I must say, St. Germaines, the Elder Flower plucked from the base of the Swiss Alps has supplanted Goose on the list of local toxins. Do you ever realize that people write stuff that is so inside that absolutely none of the outside world reading it has any fucking idea what it is that you are talking about. I mean, I read God of Small Things. Had no clue for most of the book what she was talking about. But isn't that the way it is now? You make some completely abstract remarks about life and b/c no one has any idea what you are talking about you are immune to criticism. OK, so I digress. The previous few blogs on life were made listening to Cat Power. Must say, super depressing chick but definitely appropriate for the moment. New blog, new music. Listening to the Handsome Furs. Radio Kaliningrad. Montreal band. Truly amazing. I shazaamed that song at Urban Outfitters. Must say. Urban Outfitters is the new frontier for good, new, dope music. Just walk in there, pull out your I Phone, shazaam that motherfucker, hit the russians on gomusic, and you've got yourself a new album.

Ok so where is this leading? Always felt that if I wrote a page a day I would have enough for an amazing cool autobiography within a year or so. Um, are you really allowed to have an autobiography at the age of thirty-three; probably not. I have started painting. As I've mentioned in other literary venues, while my art is nothing to look at now I do hope it is worth a significant amount once I've passed. There are so many moments in life that I think the epitome of happiness is dancing by yourself in your own home, listening to the tunes that make life go by. All of the bullshit goes away. You're just living. Totally connected with yourself and life . You smile for no one else. Just for yourself. You smirk. You are the only one that understands your own personal inside joke. It's very Kevin Bacon Footloose of us, no?

Ok, so this blog post is the throwing down of the gauntlet that I will continue to blog post.......

No comments: